Live Your Dream Award
About the Award
The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Education and Training Awards for Women assists women with dependents by providing them with financial awards to further their education, gain skills training and improve their employment prospects. Each year, more than $1.6 million is awarded to more than 1,200 women throughout our federation, Soroptimist International of the Americas.
Soroptimist International of La Mesa is proud to participate in this important, multi-national program that has awarded about $30 million to tens of thousands of women since 1972.
How to submit an application
To be eligible for the Live Your Dream Award you must be a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
- Has a Social Security number or Tax ID number. (This is required for tax purposes and is only necessary if you are a resident of the United States. You will not be asked to share this information unless you have been given an award.)
Applications are available in July of each year and the deadline for submission is November 15.
Request a Live Your Dream Award Application
Would you like to apply for the Live Your Dream Award?
We’d be happy to send you an application when they become available for the next award year – usually late summer.
Simply provide your contact information below.